Tahini Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are delicious and nutrient dense. Tahini is made from sesame seeds and is quite nutrient dense. Just one tablespoon of tahini has 89 calories, 3 grams of protein and 1.4 grams of dietary fiber. In one small serving, men get 4 percent of their recommended daily intake of fiber and 5 percent of daily protein, while women gain 6 percent of their recommended daily intake of fiber and protein. Tahini provides 6 percent of the recommended daily intake of bone-building calcium and 2 to 5 percent of energy-providing B vitamins.
- 1 cup tahini paste
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Take a baking sheet and line with a parchment paper.
- To a mixing bowl add tahini paste and maple syrup, mix well. In another bowl add coconut flakes, oats, cinnamon, and walnuts.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix well. Take an ice-cream scoop and create an evenly sized cookies, flattened them with wet spatula (to prevent from sticking) and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the edges gets golden brown.
- Let it cool down completely and set before serving.