Single Leg Bridge
This is one of my favorite exercises for strengthening the glutes, low back and hamstrings while teaching hip stability. Week, unstable hips can contribute to low back pain and knee pain. Once your hips are strong and stable, your knees can track the way they should and your spine can stay in a more stable position.
- Add tension (brace) your abdominals with moderate tension.
- Squeeze glutes and raise your hips.
- While keeping your hips level, kick one leg out. Feel tension in the glute you are balancing on. Hold for 3 seconds.
- Return hips to the floor and repeat other side.
- If you feel tension in your low back or your hamstrings cramp, focus on activating your glutes.