Oh She Glows PB&J Thumbprint Breakfast Cookies
These little gems are fast and nutritious and great way to have your oats for breakfast on the go. I used fig jam but any jam will work well. To finish the cookie, place smooth peanut butter in a plastic bag, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and then pipe the peanut butter over the cookie.
This recipe comes from Angela Liddon’s new cookbook “Oh She Glows Everyday.”
- 2 cups thick cut rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 smooth peanut butter
- 8 teaspoons of your favorite jam.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse until oats are coarsely chopped. Remove oats to a large bowl.
- Add banana, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt to combine. The mixture should be wet and dense.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop mixture and place on the cookie sheet. Press your thumb in the center of the cookie and repeat for the rest of the batch.
- Place a teaspoon of jam in the well that you created with your thumb.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes until slightly firm, but still soft and doughy in the middle.
- Transfer to a rack and cool for ten minutes before piping the peanut butter on top.