Chocolate Cherry Cookies
My friend Chris gave me Dr. Joel Fuhrman's new cookbook, "Eat to Live, Quick and Easy" for my birthday last spring. This is a cookbook worth having. The recipes are really healthy and quick and easy. These cookies are delicious and very nutrient dense. They pack well and are perfect to take on a bike ride or hike, or to have in the afternoon to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy!!
- ¾ cup medjool dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons raw cashew or almond butter
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until they are blended. Add banana and almond butter and process until combined.
- Add oats, almond flour, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract and process until combined. Add dried cherries and pulse until combined. Chill dough for about 10 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Recipe from “Eat to Live Quick and Easy” by Joel Fuhrman, MD