Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos
I adapted this recipe from a Meatless Monday recipe in the May/June 2017 issue of Cooking Light Magazine. It was so good, I had to share! I really appreciate that they point out in a side bar of the recipe that trading in a pound of ground beef for cauliflower in your tacos, saves about 1,800 gallons of water. So this recipe made with cauliflower instead of beef is not only much better for you, but also much better for the planet.
This recipe comes together pretty quickly so it will work during the week. I served the tacos with a salad but sweet potato fries or a healthy potato salad would work really well too. The sweet potato fries could roast at the same time as the cauliflower.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-2 chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 15 ounce can fat- free refried beans, warmed
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Sliced red cabbage, fresh cilantro, guacamole, lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine lime juice, chipotles to taste, honey, garlic and salt in a blender. Process until mostly smooth. Place caulifower in a bowl, add the sauce and stir to coat. Transfer to the baking sheet. Sprinkle onion on top.
- Roast, stirring once, until the cauliflower is tender, 18-20 minutes.
- Serve the vegetables and beans in tortillas, topped with cabbage, cilantro, guacamole and lime wedges.